Welcome to Excelsior International Academy!
Thank you for entrusting us with your childcare needs because caring for a child is a responsibility we take very seriously. As we embark on this new journey, it is our goal to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment that emphasizes the development of key knowledge, skills and abilities in all of our children.
The mission of Excelsior International Academy is to provide safe, affordable, high quality child care services to the residents and business employees of Pompano Beach, Florida and surrounding communities. Excelsior International Academy uses an array of child care services, including digital technology and interactive media to develop enjoyable and engaging shared experiences that optimize the potential for children’s learning and development.
Our vision is to be recognized as a leader in providing the best care and educational growth and development opportunities for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Our goal is to integrate a unique blend of interactive media into traditional early childhood education programs to create learning experiences that are safe, explorative, and enjoyable for all children. The key to our success results from having a well-educated and well-trained staff who is dedicated to continuously improving the quality of our programs by keeping up with industry trends and using that knowledge to improve our programs and services to the children, parents and the community.
The goals of Excelsior International Academy are to:
- Provide a safe, affordable, and accessible child care environment for all children and parents;
- Foster a playful learning environment encouraging structured exploration;
- Create a welcoming environment that encourages the child, parent, and teacher to share in the process of constructing knowledge for the child;
- Encourage a child’s essential development by utilizing interactive media in ways that can optimize opportunities for young children’s physical, social, cognitive, emotional, and academic needs, and linguistic development;
- Help children develop a strong sense of self, recognition of others, a positive outlook, and a healthy sense of humor;
- Provide support services for parents, including best practices as it relates to child educational development outside the classroom, intervention programs and parenting resources; and
- Build strong community relationships that provide leadership opportunities for the institution and economic growth for the community.
Excelsior International Academy is licensed by Broward County’s Child Care Licensing and Enforcement.
Excelsior International Academy is expected to obtain accreditation by the Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment (APPLE) by the end of 2016 and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) by the end of 2019. Achieving state and national accreditations mean that Excelsior demonstrates a strong commitment to providing high quality programs for young children and their families.